3.13.2008

The Differences between Josie & Jimmy

Yesterday I took the kids to a park after school--everyone was outside since it was one of the first warm days we've had this year. Josie was going crazy of course, having just realized recently that the whole world outside the house was her playground.

The trouble with Jos is that she doesn't listen--somehow Jimmy always just did. Anyway, Josie found some hole in the pavement near the park with some rocks in it, and was busy digging them out with her finger (another way she's different from Jimmy, who never liked to touch things like that and get dirty). I said, "Let's grab some rocks and then we'll go." So Jimmy grabbed some just to show her, and then we started walking away. "Bye, Josie," we said. She had her back to us, of course. She was too busy to even look in our direction.

So we kept walking. We got all the way to the car, at which point she casually looked up at us, then kept digging. So I start the car. I beep the horn. I get into the car and slam the door. Finally, she looked up, and started to walk toward us. So I got out of the car; seeing me, she turned back to her rocks and headed for them! So I got in the car again, and she came running (not crying at all). I had to wait until she got really close to the car so I could nab her!

Jim tells me all the time that Jimmy will live across the street from us someday, but that Josie will be gone the first chance she gets. After today, I believe him.

No comments: